The following municipal offices are up for election every two years:
- City Council
- At-Large City Councilors (4)
- Ward City Councilors (1 from each of the 5 Wards)
- School Board
- At-Large School Board (4)
- Ward School Board (1 from each of the 5 Wards)
- Election Officials*
- Moderators (1 from each of the 5 Wards)
- Ward Clerk (1 from each of the 5 Wards)
- Selectmen (3 from each of the 5 Wards)
*These positions check people in at the polls, monitor the polling place and take the completed ballots. Generally few people run for these positions. With the recent voter discrimination issues it is important that we have responsible poll workers who will fairly explain and administer the voter identification laws. Please consider running as a write-in. It would take very few votes to be elected. Let us know if you are willing to run and we will assist you.
The filing fee for Mayor is $25, for all other positions is $5. In lieu of paying a filing fee, candidates may submit petitions signed by 50 registered voters if filing for the office of Mayor or for an At Large Position, or petitions signed by 25 registered voters if filing for a Ward position.